Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Name That Tune #11!

NAME THAT TUNE whose lyrics are being paraphrased here:

"The year before 1990. Math and a hot season. Descend! Groovy noise from a percussionist. Rythmic, melodic art form - impacting you with great force due to the fact that I know you have spirit. Siblings, male and female, hey! Hearken unto this if you're failing to hit. Be-boppin' while I'm crooning. Donating what you're receiving. Believing what I believe and, while the man of African ancestry is perspiring, and the regular tempo and words with similar-sounding stressed-vowel sounds are tumbling! They must hand over what we desire, what we require hey! Ha ha! Our right to express ourselves is just a right to be deceased, we must battle the forces that are! Battle the forces! (Battle the forces!) Battle the forces! (Battle the forces!) Battle the forces! (Battle the forces!) Battle the forces! We must battle the forces that are!"

Questions will be posted each Wednesday at noon Pacific Time, 12pm. Submit your comments NAMING THE SONG that is being paraphrased. Answers will be posted at some point after 5pm. THE QUESTION REMAINS OPEN until a correct answer is posted! Once a correct answer is posted, scoring is closed.

Scoring is as follows:

First correct answerer gets: 1 point!
Tardy correct answerer gets: 0.3 point!

4 comments:

Mel said...

Public Enemy: Fight The Power

dogimo said...

Mel: 6
Ell: 3.3
Sean: 1
J-Bird: 0.3

Mel, looks like you're padding your lead for that time away!

Mel said...

Why is no one else playing? Am I that intimidating?

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta

(And I think I'm on 7 points ???... AC/DC, Pearl Jam, New Order, Billy Ray, Bryan, Led Zep and Public Enemy - not that I'm counting or nothing :-) )

dogimo said...

Right you are! I copy-pasted but forgot to add.

Thanks for the catch!

Mel: 7
Ell: 3.3
Sean: 1
J-Bird: 0.3

Yeah, I think Elliott didn't care for the new decimal "consolation" scoring - he's a purist and a pretty strict gamesmaster, which I can 100% respect!

I, however, am a dick - so I never mind anyone opting out for whatever reason, or for none. I leave that to them! I must heedlessly pursue my own path by my own scruple, yea though it be unto ruin.

But I'm always happy to be corrected on math! Not my strong suit, not my best suit, not even my funeral suit. It's kind of my blue pinstripe cut-kind-of-odd-and-doesn't-hang-well suit.