Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Name That Tune #13!

"The things you ask me are a heavy load
You wish me to be completely honest
You question me on the nature of things
and ignore what I have to say in response
You tell me that I'm being too quiet
But if I say something, then I'm stupid
Eventually after some time, I come to a conclusion
To take off and desert you
what comes out of your mouth,
your exceedingly florid, oversentimental words betray you
what comes out of your mouth,
it's not possible to give creedence to you."




Questions will be posted each Wednesday at noon Pacific Time, 12pm. Except today's, which was late! (sorry)
Submit your comments NAMING THE SONG that is being paraphrased. Answers will be posted at some point after 5pm. THE QUESTION REMAINS OPEN until a correct answer is posted! Once a correct answer is posted, scoring is closed.

Scoring is as follows:

First correct answerer gets: 1 point!
Tardy correct answerer gets: 0.3 point!

5 comments:

Mel said...

EMF "Unbelievable"

dogimo said...

Mel: 9
Ell: 3.3
Sean: 1
J-Bird: 0.3

Right on, Mel! You're poised to crack double-digits.

Say, if you get sick of doing these, or if the thrill goes, don't sweat keeping it going just on my account! I've got a backlog of set to post through August whether anybody plays or not.

Of course I'm glad to have the participation and keep it up! But I don't want you to you know, just do it out of obligation or anything.

I was kind of originally expecting nobody to play, so it's been a nice surprise for me! :-D

Mel said...

The thrill will never go. Finally I have found something I can excel at. Thursday I now consider to be Quiz Day, I wake up thinking "ooh goody, today is my quiz day, I'm gonna own it". See how proprietorial and possessive I've become about it. I am taking tragicity to a new level!

BUT, don't feel you have to keep going with it just for me. I have no desire either for it to be an obligation to you. Even if it stops, in my mind I will always be winning.

I wish they'd let me run in a race on my own when I was in primary school. Then I wouldn't have had to suffer the ignominy of coming stone cold motherless last. *sniff*

dogimo said...

But Mel, I thought you didn't like running? I was going to say, you can run those races now - no one can stop you!

I know I do. I always come in second, because I like to be modest.

Mel said...

It's true, I don't like running, and those mental scars from school sports days are the reason. Truth be told, I'm sure a bunch of 6 year olds could still beat me. I took a perverse delight, back when I little, in crossing the line last whilst doing a v for victory sign. True story.