Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, April 16, 2010

Seems Like "Social Mores" Could Be Abbreviated "S'Mores"

I think the amount of confusion this would cause is greatly offset by the upside: you could get so many more people talking about social mores.

There wouldn't be that much confusion, anyhow! The pronunciation's totally different. S'mores. S'more-ays. So if somebody said, "I don't have any s'mores," you could just be like: "bummer! It would be great if you had some s'mores." But if someone was like: "I have absolutely no regard for s'more-ays," you might want to edge away before replying.

Because that's kind of messed up. Get that guy some s'mores.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You had me at S'Mores.