Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, May 17, 2010

16th-22nd May 2010 is British Sandwich Week!

Even if you are British, you may not have realized that. Well, as far as I can tell, we here in the States do not honor sandwich week! To protest this particular BULL SHIT, I am going to post NOTHING BUT SANDWICH-RELATED POSTS for the remainder of the week!

Except for the Wednesday "Name That Tune" installment, of course.

Other than that, for the rest of the week - or to be fair, let's say, from this moment thru Friday, inclusive. For the rest of the work week: nothing but sandwich-themed and sandwich-related posts, excepting that one post on Wednesday, which we've already discussed.

The U.S. should definitely have a sandwich week. But since the powers that be don't seem to see it that way, I'm going to have to force the issue - at least, hear on the blog.

Sandwiches, man. They need a week of their own.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what? They totally DO. Sandwiches are my favourite food EVER. I'm not even kidding. I love sandwiches more than anything. They're so versatile and tasty and you can use different awesome bread products and the fillings? Well, the fillings possibilities are just endless. I say let's give sandwiches a whole MONTH!

dogimo said...

GOOD POINT!

I done set my sights TOO LOW. We should one-up those limey bastards on their OWN DAMN CULINARY INVENTION!

ONE MONTH IT IS!

Nothing but sandwich posts, for the rest of the month.

Hm.

Well on the other hand, maybe we work it in stages. Get the week "in the hand" before we start rustling around in the bushes for a month.

I need a sandwich, that's what I need.

Anonymous said...

Maybe one sandwich post a week would suffice, for a month? Although you can never get too much of a good thing. In fact, the western world should just claim May as "sandwich month" and we should eat lots of them and catalogue them and maybe photograph them and.....maybe not.