Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, May 21, 2010

British Sandwich Week: Apparently I May Have Misunderstood

So May 16th-22nd is British Sandwich Week, but apparently I misinterpreted the significance of that. It isn't a week dedicated to the celebration of the sandwich that is observed only in Britain. What it is, is: a week for any people in any nation anywhere to celebrate British Sandwiches.

i.e, sandwiches that are specifically British.

Which is, I guess - what, those tea sandwiches? Cucumber, with the crusts cut off? Stuff like that?

BLEAH! I'll stick to my American sandwiches, thank you very much!

What a bust this whole thing turned into. Consider Sandwich Week officially over.

1 comment:

Jeannette StG said...

Chuckle -yes, the European sandwiches are kinda bare and disappointing in comparison to the American sandwiches where you can find everything slapped on except for the kitchen sink;)