Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Dissociative Identity Bombshell! Pt. 2

Keen-eyed readers will note the slight change in title between the previous post and this. Put that one down to increased sensitivity, as I learn about this sensitive topic. It's been a real eye-opener for me.

So, how do I reach this guy? I have a lot of questions. We need to get in touch.

I need to let him know it's OK not to smoke. He doesn't have to take drastic steps to differentiate his personality and mine. I respect him without the grandstanding and posturing.

I'd like him to know it's not necessary for him to hide his presence. Always leaving everything precisely as it is.

(i.e. I'd be delighted if he started doing his share of the fucking housework.)

Maybe I could set him up a login on my computer. I'm pretty sure he doesn't know my password, but I could set him up with his own. I'd leave him a note, Hey Smokey, here is your login and password to the computer, and I've set you up an e-mail account as well at smokeysmokes@_____mail.com.

Then we could e-mail each other! Perfect way to get in touch.

I'm a trailblazer of using modern tools, techniques and attitudes (including "acceptance") to deal with dissociative identity condition. I know, I know technically it's "dissociative identity disorder," but that really seems needlessly derogatory. After all, there's nothing "disorder" about it if all your personalities are working together!

No comments: