Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Saturday, May 08, 2010

I Tell You, This Is Like, One Of My Favorite Songs!


I know; I know. I'm dating myself.

But hey, it turns out this is just the "U.S./Rock Mix". Ever hear the "Original U.K. Mix"? It SUCKS!!

It doesn't rock at all. Not one bit. It's so weird.

EDIT: Mel, thank you for giving me the link to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P4Mrm4BbEg

That's a clip of them playing it live, and the version they play is the ROCK version. WITH the guitar riff!

In my mind, this proves conclusively that the rock version is the real version of the song in the band's eyes, and the "original" version is nothing but a damn dirty remix that jumped the gun somehow. Probably a record company snafu. Some roomful of suits screwed up the release order. Hey, remember when there were record companies? Bands used to complain about them so much. You don't hear that so much now. I guess it's better without them!

3 comments:

limom said...

Ha!
I checked my player to find I only loaded up the original mix.
I don't know why, but I find that song sort of fatiguing.
Feels like my brain is going to explode.

dogimo said...

Don't settle for it! Don't settle for it! This song is awesome. The other version doesn't hold a candle to it. In fact, a friend was lovely enough to link me to the live version, which I really ought to embed.

And I will!

And the point is, in the live version, they play it the "rock" way - the good version of the song is the REAL version, the one they play live.

That other version - what were they thinking! Surely the Brits did not care for that!

limom said...

If I listen to too much of the US version, my eyes may pop out of my head!
Since I don't want to seem like I settle for anything less than the perfect version, I shall rip it to my player.
Actually it is a great song to ride to.