Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Pt.2: A Solemn Reminder

I hope to God's sake you aren't just enjoying the day off without meditating a bit on what it all means. For fuck's sake, I heard someone call it a "bank holiday"! As if that could begin to cover it. Why, I went to the bank to use the ATM on Saturday, and the doors were wide open! To my shock. I thought, "what is this, a break-in?" But there were bunches of people inside, lined up for the tellers and such. I looked at my watch - it was 5:02PM! I looked at the glass next to the doors - this bank was open 'til 6 PM on Saturday. EVERY Saturday! For dick's sake, WHY??

But even the brave young men and women of this bank, who make the ultimate sacrifice of their Saturday for the sake of whoever these freaks are with their Saturday-evening banking fetish - even these folks get today off.

I just hope they take a moment to meditate a bit on what it all means. It's Memorial Day people. For gosh sake, that means something.

No comments: