Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Saturday, May 15, 2010

So Here's How I'm Going to "Pop The Question"

Here's how I'm going to do it! I mean, when the fullness of that time comes, I mean. Don't worry, she doesn't read my blog!

(Anymore.) So it's not going to be any kind of a spoiler for me to post this. But it's awesome! I can't keep this idea to myself! And maybe it could help others, too, who may be scraping the ol' barrel-bottom of their idea bin for a sweet, unique way to get that ever so hopefully eternal question across.

Besides, I heavily doubt anybody could read too much of this blog and also want to, you know, be involved in that sort of a question and answer session. With me. Because, well. The blog may give people the wrong idea about me, I think. In general. It's a little intimidating. It perpetuates a myth of freakish perfection, one that I am constantly (in my off-line life) at pains to undermine.

But anyway, enough of this fool full disclosure! I was being all romantic. Without further ado, then! Here's my sweet romantic plan to ask for that sweet "hand in marriage" that all men crave! Step-by-step. Ooh, baby:

1. Get a shitload of roses.
2. Peel all of the petals off, gently.
3. Make a trail of the petals, for her to follow. Be sumptuous about it. Strew them.
4. At the end of the trail, for when she rounds the corner, spell out WILL YOU MARRY ME? using the long, thorny, petal-less stems.

"Jackpot."

6 comments:

Mel said...

Whoever this fictional dude is, he had me at "shitload"

PS: I hit the "hurt" button on his behalf because having to compose a sentence using long, thorny, petal-less stems... ouch! I mean, he will have to bend the last one into a question mark!

dogimo said...

Leather gardener's gloves, Mel.

Oh, also, those rose stems - all you have to do is snap some joints into the stem. When you snap 'em, the fibrousness holds them together really well. Segment it as needed, for the shape you need to make! You can get it to hold a pretty good curve, especially if the surface you set it down on provides any purchase for the thorns.

Sarah said...

You could always paint "Will you marry me" on your chest and go streaking through her office. It's a sure yes, dude.

dogimo said...

No good, no good - I'd get way too many yesses like that!

But it's an intriguing suggestion for some other, less chock-full-of-sanctity occasion.

Anonymous said...

Alternatively, chocolates would work in place of rose petals. Roses are lovely but hey, you can't eat them, unless you're strange. Chocolates though would totally make you full of the Win. And presumably chocolate. But the happiness would be immeasurable. As would probably her waistline...but hey. Sacrifice.

dogimo said...

But...what would you spell out the message with? The boxes?

Chocolate oft does one-up the humble rose. Although I think both hath their charms.

Talking in fake antique Shakespeareish hath not its charms. Not really.