Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Afterthought of the Day: China

I would love a collection of glazed-porcelain statuettes and figurines of bulls of varying sizes, poses and artistic styles. Some contentedly thrusting their bull-necks downward, in a grazing position. Some with head high, horns proudly displayed. A few in the traditional head-lowered, snorting, scuffing the ground with their foreleg prior to the charge. Some charging, of course. All different poses and kinds of bulls, in all different styles of artistic depiction. I mean Classical, NeoClassical, Baroque, various stripes of Modern (definitely at least one Guernica-esque one!), New Realism, old-school Japanese style, Manga/Anime, you name it.

I wonder what kind of china shop I need to go to, to get me those. I can picture the place. They would have a whole display case of these bulls, like a highly-specialized menagerie.

I would just take the whole case.

6 comments:

limom said...

evil Ebay.

dogimo said...

Huh what?

Sarah said...

Testicles and everything?

dogimo said...

Oh sure! Otherwise they would be...ox. Oxen. Oxes.

Oxi.

limom said...

For the porcelain bulls, I bet there are tons on evil eBay!
I have to admit though, the first thing that came to mind was Ferdinand.

dogimo said...

Aw shooot!!! You mean I have a weird inexplicable urge to get something and it actually already exists?

Awesome! I have to check this out.