Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, June 28, 2010

I Seem to Be Taking a Lot of Shit, Lately...

...and meekly, even! It's kind of a new thing, for me. Something I seem to be trying out. It's like I turned over a new leaf on life, and the leaf said: "meek!" Spoken in that dry, leafy whisper, to which autumn gives voice.

Then I strolled out among the ground-stabbing trunks, rough with furrowed bark rushing and branching up skywards, splitting out lightning-like into limbs, branches and fingerlike twigs, leaves like sparks, leaping from a writhing canopy of high arcing jagged dark wooden bolts, down to the ground as if electromagnetized. There is electricity in a tree, a slow-worked lightning that strikes in the same place every damn day - a deep and sessile jolt that spreads its

Hey, just a second. What the hell. This post wasn't about trees.

F' it. Go with the flow, that's what I say. That's the new me!

No comments: