Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Name That Tune #21!

"Interjection!
Interrogative?
Attention:

I'm no virgin. I've searched the gaze of lovers, but found no love there to know. Until you arrived.

I've kissed, and gone on many ocean voyages...but wherever I journey, I'm certain that the one for me is you. Because this love is the genuine article. You appear to me in dreams. The organ of your love is a snug fit. And I will be accurate color. Darling, my love is yours.

Disingenuous statements, I've heard them all. And I've wept. Over and over. Never again! What makes me so jittery, so jubilant about you is - you're not just another lover. You are first among all of my friends.

If it comes to pass that you have misgivings, if you find yourself asking questions about the nature and purpose of love - recall what I told you, softly, in confidence: I told you that this love is the genuine article. You appear to me in dreams. The organ of your love is a snug fit. And I will be accurate color. Darling, my love is yours.

A tender farewell to sorrow. That might be a supernova above us today. I turned over the planet to find who I found in you.

Are you not aware? Are you not aware that this love is the genuine article? Genuine article, oh darling. Genuine article, oh darling. Genuine article, oh darling. Oh yes, it's genuine. So if you should ever have misgivings, if you find yourself asking questions about the nature and purpose of love - recall what I told you, softly, in confidence: I said "a tender farewell to sorrow. That might be a supernova above us today. I turned over the planet to find who I found in you."

Are you not aware? Are you not aware that this love is the genuine article? You appear to me in dreams. The organ of your love is a snug fit. And I will be accurate color. Darling, my love is yours."

2 comments:

Mel said...

"True Blue" by Madonna.

dogimo said...

Too True, Mel!

Mel: 17
Elliott: 3.3
Sean: 1
J-Bird: 0.3