Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, June 04, 2010

This Week's Installment of Fiction Friday Will Be In The "Form Of" A SuperFriends Wonder Twins Fanfic!

Zan: "Hey, what sort of ethnicity are we supposed to represent? Are we Hispanic or Asian? Hispanic, I think."

Jayna: "I think we might be some sort of just 'generalized ethnicity' to cover anyone who wasn't feeling sufficiently pandered to by the inclusion of Black Vulcan, Samurai and Enekchock."

Zan: "His name's Apache Chief."

Jayna: "He likes me to call him Enekchok."

Zan: "...I don't want to think about the implications of that..."

Jayna: "It's safer for me to be the one saying it."

Zan: "I really don't want to think about it."

Jayna: "You know, if we're meant to cover the Hispanic/Latino demographic, I think that's pretty weak. I mean...we're aliens. A little bit 'on the nose,' isn't it?"

Zan: "Apache Chief should be the leader of the SuperFriends. He's the only one with any real-world leadership experience or credentials."

Jayna: "No, no - Aquaman's a king."

Zan: "Oh yeah that's true. Well then it should be Aquaman, right? King outranks chief."

Jayna: "Yeah, from a really biased, Western-European perspective maybe! And not even there. A king might report to like, an emperor, or a Pope for instance."

Zan: "They're Atlanteans. I don't think they're Catholic."

Jayna: "I'm just pointing out the relative absolute rank values. A king's not necessarily the top dog in his own system. But in the indigenous-American org chart, the chief answers to no one. He's the top dog."

Zan: "Top dog, top bear, top wolf, top eagle. It varies by tribe."

Jayna: "So wait. This is a fanfic, right? Should we be...you know. Going in for any kinky brother-sister stuff?"

Zan: "Gross, Jayna! That's just sick. You know I've never seen you that way."

Jayna: "It's the ears, isn't it?"

Zan: "The ears are a big turnoff, yes. Sorry!"

Jayna: "Screw you too, pal. Yours are the same way!"

Zan: "Yeah, but it's different for guys."

Jayna: "Another double standard."

Zan: "Sad but true."

Jayna: "You know, the very term 'fanfic' is kind of a misnomer in this case. I was never a fan of us at all."

Zan: "Oh, you're bringing me to tears - and I'm already all wet! Why don't you quit whining and peck me with that sexy eagle-beak of yours, I'm sick of hanging around in this bucket."

Janya: "Later for that. It's Friday, remember?"

Zan: "Oh yeah! Guadalupe's coming by...to fawn over you, and scrub-a-dub with me! Hey, you better get into your cage. Remember last week she was early!"

Jayna: "She can't wait to see me. That girl's a bird lover!"

No comments: