Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Sunday, July 11, 2010

What Is God's Greatest Gift?

What's God's greatest gift to us.

Free Will?

Reason?

Life itself?

That's kind of cheating, though. "Life Itself." That covers too much! We should try to narrow it down at least a little.

Sex?

Come on people! Sex! Don't be prudes. It's pretty great, isn't it? It's certainly up there, on the great gift list. Gotta be!

Love?

Well, I've kind of got a weak spot for Love. It'd be hard for me to not pick Love. As highly as I value each of them, I'd probably have to take Love over both Free Will and Reason. In fact if I'm honest, I probably I have.

Rock and Roll? Well damn. This is just getting too hard!

Drugs?

I'm pretty darn sure it's not Drugs. I mean, if I get to heaven and God's on the door all, "so...how'd you like all the drugs...? Pretty good shit, huh? What do you mean you didn't! Aw man, you missed out. Well, come on in anyway. No drugs up here, though."

I mean, that would be kind of weird! I'd probably laugh. I guess I couldn't really criticize, at that point. Kind of a faux pas, from what I understand, criticizing up in heaven. There's a whole lot of stuff from down here that I'll probably be biting my tongue on up there, for a while. After all, my stated stance is, however God wants to work it is fine by me! I stand firm on that one, pretty much. I pretty much have to.

Okay, I'll have to go with Love, Sex, Rock and Roll, and Reason. In that order.

No comments: