Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I'd Prefer a Society Where

I'd prefer a society where people were made of luminous light and sound and sense, singing in overlapping tones of metal, gold, and chrome; wings spread gauzily, our edgefeathers mingled at the tips as we all revolve in infinitely concentric circles turning in upon the ringing, shining, singing source of all of us, of which all the beauties from which we are formed are merely the sheerest echoes.

I'm an idealist, you see.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd prefer a society where people were curfewed at 7pm, allowing me to have free reign of the supermarket and therefore, be able to shop without crankiness. Because I'M an idealist too!

dogimo said...

Great idea, Veg!

Everyone should put in the comments what kind of society they'd prefer!

I already did mine, or I'd go.

Mel said...

I'd prefer a society where I'm always the least intelligent participant in any given conversation.

Mel said...

Just to clarify...

I find this to be the case pretty much now anyway, and I've learned so much from people because of that... so I was just thinking how enormously beneficial and educational it would be to always be that way.

Anonymous said...

Just to let Mel know, I already AM that participant and I'm about to prove it. I excel at it. :)

Also, when looking for this entry again I was skimming titles and I read this one as "I'd Prefer a Society WHORE". And I thought "well, the man likes his whores classy!" Then I thought of Paris Hilton and well...society doesn't always equal classy does it?

Then I read the title properly. And was disappointed.

dogimo said...

*jumps in between the potential disputants*

Ladies, ladies please. Don't let the vocabulary fool you: I'm less intelligent than either of you put together.

Hm, V.A. I guess all other things being equal, I would prefer a Society Whore. But...I'm not sure all other things will ever get that equal.

However, I'll file it away as a future potential post title. Perhaps a poem.

@Mel - on the more serious tip, that's really how I go through life expecting to learn! Not so much gauging or judging respective intelligence levels, more just awake to the fact that way more people know more than I do than I do.