Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Name That Tune #23!

"My desire is that I should be where the material for my underpants grows
where pleasant days are remembered indefinitely
avert your eyes! Avert your eyes! Avert your eyes! Paper cup country.

Oh my desire is that I should be in paper cup, in the lower latitudes, lower latitudes
In paper cup country I will staunchly resist
to have bodily function, and eventually cessation of same,
in paper cup country"

5 comments:

Steam Me Up, Kid said...

Dixie Land!

limom said...

Got to be Dixie.
You know when I read this I thought it was the "learn how to write" post and I was thinking, "what is going on?"

snortingmarmots said...

Dixie!

As performed by Abe Lincoln and the Steam-Powered Mahem.

Mel said...

"Dixie" - I don't know who sings it :-(

Elvis gave it a go though, I remember it from my Mum's radio station, I think.

dogimo said...

Wow. It didn't occur to me, but this song is actually known and has been published as "Dixie", "Dixieland"/"Dixie Land"/"Dixie's Land" and as "I Wish I Was In Dixie"!

So first off - SCORING IS CLOSED - nobody gets to come in for points on further permutations - but I have to award full credit to the first answerer for each of the acceptable answers!

That's 1 point to Steam Me Up, Kid for "Dixie Land"

1 point to limom for "Dixie"

and 0.3 points each to snortingmarmots and Mel for the correct-but-tardy answer!

Wow. These standards make it real tricky. I really screwed the rum dilly there, as the saying goes.