Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Name That Tune #25!

"Be seated and hearken unto a story of a foredoomed journey.
Embarking from a harbor in the lower latitudes, on a miniscule vessel.
The match was a sailor of puissance, the captain - courageous and certain!
Less than half a dozen passengers aboard, the journey was to be brief.
The storm came upon them and the waves threw the vessel about.
The only thing that saved them all was the brave action of the shiphands.
The vessel is wrecked upon the beach of an unknown discrete landmass, not part of any continent.
With all those aboard, either by name or by occupational designation."

7 comments:

Mel said...

Gilligan's Island Theme Song

limom said...

Theme from Gilligan's Island

limom said...

The Ballad of Gilligan's Island

Pearl said...

Good God.

Iron Maiden?

:-)

Pearl

dogimo said...

"The Ballad of Gilligan's Island" (by George Wyle and Sherwood Schwartz) is correct! It has been officially listed as "The Ballad of Gilligan's Isle", so that too would have been accepted.

Pearl, yes Iron Maiden did cover the song in concert (their epic take at Donnybrook '88 is still marveled at by die-hard fans), but that doesn't help you here as what was wanted was the name of the tune.

Melster! You got up so early for this one! I hate to do it to you like this. It is indeed the theme to that show, but everything I've got tells me the song's name is "The Ballad Of..."

Mel said...

YEAH YOU SOUND SORRY!

:-D

It posted early Tues night (for me), so I thought I was being all stealth-like, getting in there, only for my lack of fact-checking to bite me on the butt. Ah well.

limom said...

I knew I had better look that up!
Thanks for letting me play, I'm back to school next week.