Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Name That Tune #26!

"Get clear, I tell you, get clear.
What's with the canines nosing my toes!
they're sensing something, they're registering
registering that temperature...
that temperature...

I'll take hot water vapor,
and the sensations it produces
reinforce your sense of reality
Take an existence, to go with the fantasy

You can differentiate between refinements and garbage
between fake, and legal tender
If I've wandered off the path you know how to find it again
However...with you, I'm well acquainted.
You can differentiate between a pole-dancer and a liquid pigment
between a person beset with moral transgressions, and a person living in divinity
when the pearly gates are closed, you can jimmy them open
However...of you, I have certain knowledge.

I'll take hot water vapor,
and the feelings you have can reinforce its reality
to the same degree of reality as any locality which you have inhabited
Take an existence, to go with the fantasy

Get clear,
to reiterate: Get clear!
Is it not apparent to you that I've become ungovernable?
My discretion has become negligible
You close in on me, your proximity is such that I can feel your temperature
feel your temperature, your temperature

I'll take hot water vapor,
and the sensations it produces
reinforce your sense of reality
Take an existence, to go with the fantasy

You can differentiate the somewhat cool secondary color from the hot primary
You can differentiate the rapid from the deceased
You are superior to the others to such a degree that
You believe yourself to be singled out for divine favor
But with you I am well acquainted

You can differentiate between the many-runged scaling aide and the many-scaled legless reptile
You can differentiate between the choke-hold and the foot-pedal
You can differentiate between an (infinitely) thin, (infinitely) long, one-dimensional bi-directional geometrical projection, and the one not-so-straight
You're well-endowed with biological tissues designed to convey information via electrical impulses
But of you, I have certain knowledge

I'll take hot water vapor,
and the feelings you have can reinforce its reality
to the same degree of reality as any locality which you have inhabited
Take an existence, to go with the fantasy

All of us, get down
Don't exhale, say "1-2-3-4-5!"
a pat on the back, a bomb perhaps
insulate it from shocks with sheets of plastic cushiony packing material
indoor vibration, seismic tremor
Discover a method of keeping conscious
it will fellate, it will become nonfunctional
That's alls I can stands!

Yup, I require hot water vapor
The sensation of hot water vapor around me presently
you make the temperature increase
as I'm talking in my sleep
and you agitate your extremities
please move yourself into this cloud of hot water vapor
this hot water vapor

I'll take hot water vapor,
and the sensations it produces
reinforce your sense of reality
Take an existence, to go with the fantasy

Assist me, yup
Prepared to direct the hot water vapor towards the lumber clump!
cabin fever from the ice to the verge of becoming gaseous
Water's boiling, it's b..b..b..boiling
boiling boiling boiling boiling
vitality is beginning to bubble
donate me some hot water vapor, woman
donate me some hot water vapor encircling me presently
I'm the opposite of low, like returning from the dead,
to reiterate: donate me some hot water vapor!"

5 comments:

Pearl said...

Do you know how badly I want to "get" this?!

Pearl

Mel said...

Steam by Peter Gabriel.

dogimo said...

@Pearl - I've been running one every Wednesday at 9, so feel free to take a crack!

@Mel - indeed it is. Indeed it is.

Pearl said...

Ah! You know, I got the steam bit, kinda knew what I was looking for but didn't know the song!

I'll be back Wednesday! (shakes fist, thumb on the outside, like her brother showed her)

Pearl

dogimo said...

Pearl, I highly recommend the alternate take of the song called "Quiet Steam." It's the same song really, but so totally different in effect with its hushed delivery and its thrum, rung, chiming instrumentation.

Hey. Why don't I post a link to it on You-Tube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMUMhPs_rk4

Um. Not an official video. Fan-made. Possibly, by whoever directed Lawnmower Man.