Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Gym Class Memoirs

One time I caught a ball. I was so proud! It was coming right at me. I stuck my hand up over my head - *WAP!* bare-handed! Right in the palm. A left-handed catch, as I recall. I couldn't really use the other hand, because it had this big thing on it.

I was pretty much a natural.

It hurt a little! That ball had come in hard and fast. I looked at it for a second, then I held it up as high as I could! "Hey, everybody!"

"Throw to second base!"

"What?!"

"Throw to second base, moron!"

"I caught it!"

They didn't seem to be getting the point of what had happened. Plus, how the hell am I supposed to throw a ball with that big thing on my hand?

I ran it in.

1 comment:

dogimo said...

Man, I used to love gym class! That was the best fun.