Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, August 23, 2010

I Don't Want a Traditional Divorce.

I don't want a traditional divorce. That's just not how I've always envisioned it. I mean, the traditional rituals are great - I admire the certain beauty and formality of it all, and I think it's wonderful when other people go that route! If that's what best expresses the nature of their relationship, that's great.

Because that's what's really important: picking something that just feels right. It's incredibly important I think - it's not just an empty ceremony. It means something. And the manner in which we choose to proclaim to the world (and solemnize before those who are nearest and dearest to us) this incredibly big step we're taking, this permanent, life-altering change to the whole nature of our relationship - well, what could be more personal? And for me, I think there should be something personal in the way you ring that new phase in. There has to be!

Now, I don't have any particular set-in-stone idea of how it needs to happen. I just want it to be creative - so it follows that I'm open to being creative. Kicking some ideas around. Settling on something that you both can feel pretty psyched about! On such a big decision, two people need to follow their own hearts and work out the details between them. I just feel like it should be something fun, something maybe a little daring - reflecting the big leap that's about to be taken!

What I'd love to do - the thing that keeps coming back to mind as my favorite scenario - would be one of those hot air balloon situations. You both go up in a hot air balloon, with maybe just the officiant and a witness or two, and you seal the deal midair! AWESOME! Careful, though. Hopefully one of you doesn't fall out.

No comments: