Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Name That Tune #27!

"The simpler thing is to not be smart
and use your mind to determine what lengths
I descended with you into paradise
into an empty house of God, from time to time

I'll say the words from the page, to spare you your sight
which you will have to have, as you steer your ship
it's adrift, you are lost on the tide
all your foremost mentors did not think twice
they abandoned you alone
to your destiny, shackled

There is only one who adores you: Me!
There is only one who makes your mouth water: Me!
There is only one who adores you: Me!
Scarediness is not tantamount to finality."

5 comments:

Mel said...

I Alone: Live.

dogimo said...

"I Alone" indeed, Mel! And you alone - at the top of the scoring as the first to break the coveted 20 mark!

The RUNNING TALLY:

Mel: 20.6
Elliott: 3.3
limom: 3
Sean: 1
Steam Me Up, Kid: 1
J-Bird: 0.3
snortingmarmots: 0.3

snortingmarmots said...

Late to the game, as usual. I don't know this song, but I can't imagine the actual lyrics are more poetic than your recreation.

dogimo said...

Thank you snortingmarmots!

You know, for a lot of these paraphrases, that could be true. This song's pretty dang poetic though!

dogimo said...

But I'm totally lying if I said I don't shoot for that!