Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Thursday, September 09, 2010

Boy, I Do Love a Popsicle!

So I was standing outside at work watching this woman suck on a popsicle. Now don't get the wrong idea. I was just waiting my turn, really - there was a lively conversation going on, everybody with their quiescently-frozen treats, chatting and sucking, and maybe a little biting going on in there - and I was waiting for a break in the conversation, because she was sucking on a particular popsicle that I'd been eyeing for a while, but hadn't had the nerve to go for. Like most things, I tend to get stuck in a rut. I had a pretty good respect for her and her taste in general, so I thought, perfect - get some feedback/opinion from someone I respect, to ease the leap to this different treat! So this was a watermelon popsicle, it was bright red with green stripes, and there were little black seeds in there - and boy did it look delicious going in and out of her mouth!

Wait, that sounds a little borderline. I just meant the popsicle looked delicious. And it looked like she was really enjoying it, the taste and the meltyness, and just its kind of hardness and length, slowly melting in her hot mouth from the temperature, plus the friction going in and out. Does suction have an effect on that too? She was really pulling on this thing, man. I guess it was getting a little messy - don't want to lose any of that juice! This wasn't one of those shrimpers, either. This popsicle was big and big around. And not creamy and semi-soft, like some of your more dairy-based concoctions. You could tell this one was in more of an ice-base, and consequently, rock hard. It just had to be sucked. No biting that one! You'll chip a tooth, as the saying goes. But anyway, I just kind of got a little lost in the contemplation of all that watermelon flavor...exploding into fruition. Because like I said, I love watermelon!

Wait, I didn't mention that, did I? I love watermelon. God.

Point is, so I waited for a break in the conversation, and after everybody had kind of stopped and was looking at me for a minute, I sort of gave a start and said, "HEY! Wow. How's that watermelon popsicle? I've been meaning to try one of those!" She was like, it's very good, it's the best. I asked, "Are the seeds chocolate? What's with the seeds?" She was like, the seeds aren't the best part, but there are pretty few of them. I was like "I guess you can pretty much spit 'em out if you like. Adds realism to the experience!"

Which, we all pretty much agreed on that!

She even offered me a lick off of hers. I declined. After all that buildup and anticipation and visualization it just seemed...a little wrong, somehow, to want to put that thing in my mouth. At that point I didn't want just a lick, anyway. I wanted my own whole big one to suck! AW, YEAH.

Anyway, I love popsicles. There's an ice cream truck that comes by where I work, most afternoons. It's so great. I'm totally obsessed with popsicles, just ask anybody. It's totally wholesome, fixations-wise!

So sweet, and so cold.

Refreshing!

2 comments:

lacrema said...

So cold? Sounds...so hot.

Speaking of hot, I do agree. A popsicle on a hot summer day can be quite refreshing.

I tend to prefer push-ups, though.

dogimo said...

She also had a push-up! Crazy, right? Pineapple-cherry.

I mean, I'm pretty hard core frozen-treat wise, but even I don't usually go in for the sweet double. I had to respect that.