Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Infamy At A Pool Hall #8

Now, normally in Infamy At A Pool Hall, I provide a lurid run-down of all the many reprehensible and disappointing things said by the group of one-would-think-classier-than-that characters within whom I include myself to play pool. You can click the 'infamy' label tag, see for yourself. Normally there are many, probably too many examples included - blatant standalone statements, unconscionable exchanges. But sometimes, you just have to stop at one. Sometimes one is enough to give the idea.

This occurred about ten seconds after the last song in the juke ended, and the voices of the players were still pitched at 'talking-over-music' volume. One player has just thwarted the other on the cloth mid-game, in a particularly shitty way, precipitating the outburst.

"I'm like a PROSTITUTE, Dan!"

(a pause, in the sudden silence of the entire room)

"You fuck me - you pay the price."

2 comments:

limom said...

I'm gonna have to use that one.
Classic.

dogimo said...

Thanks, man! I came up with that one in the moment.

I mean, I'm sure somebody else has come up with it independently and prior. They always does. But still, I was pretty happy with myself.