Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, September 06, 2010

Now, I'm No Saint...

People who say I'm nice lied. If people say my hands are soft, they schedule a dentist appointment shortly thereafter. I beat sense into people for minor slights. It evens out my more saintly qualities.

I need that! I need some kind of thing to prevent me crossing over into sainthood territory. Because if that happens - bad situation. Suddenly I'm working miracles all the time, left and right - no thanks! To be viewed as some freak? I'll pass. I've got to keep just this side of sainthood. Saints get taken advantage of, in my experience.

Wait, scratch that. How do you take advantage of somebody who only wants to give you their life and everything more? You're just playing into their hands at that point. You can try to take advantage of them, but really you're just boosting their sick, saintly game.

Sometimes I'm so full of sense, I can't understand why I don't have people following me around, lapping it up. Disciples.

It could be the arrogance that goes with it. Some people...they find it a little hard to take.

Their loss.

2 comments:

lacrema said...

I always tell people I hate that they are my path to sainthood.

They have no idea what I mean.

Then I laugh, quietly, to myself.

dogimo said...

You've never told me that, lac. I'm feeling really...un-trod upon. How come I'm not a path to

Oh wait.

OK, got it!