Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Sunday, September 19, 2010

That Bitch at the Liquor Store Carded Me!

She wasn't trying to say how young I look, either!

It was a sarcastic commentary on the appropriateness of a man of my middling-advanced years walking in there sporting a backwards ball-cap. Don't tell me it wasn't! I can tell.

Or so I thought.

Until I stepped back into my house with my purchase, hat still perched upon knot, and walked into the bathroom to check myself in the mirror real quick.

Lord.

Who is this young gorgeous dude? She was probably carding me just to get a load of my address! Well, joke's on her: P.O. Box.

I took that backwards cap right the hell off at that point. Turns out that thing's dangerous.

4 comments:

Elliott said...

I spotted a gent of 50+ or 60+ years of age at the DMV on Saturday, sporting the sideways cap.

At least you weren't doing something as reckless as that.

You didn't want to get picked up by a girl working at the liquor store, anyway. They just SCREAM 'I have codependency issues'.

dogimo said...

Oh naw, man - this chick was like 50 or 60 herself! But overall I agree with your analysis.

lacrema said...

I card unless you have gray hair.

...or if I want to see how well your last name would look on me.

Also, if it means a fleeting glance of skin-to-skin contact.

Whorish? Or just HUMANish? I have not yet decided.

dogimo said...

HUMANISH

Sorry about the lag response, there "lac." Ahem. AHAHAHAHAHA NO NOT REALLY

I wonder how soon before Blogspot tanks and goes under? Good thing everything's saved someplace.

I have gray hair. Some.