Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, September 24, 2010

What This Blog Used To Look Like

Just as a future reference.

The look I was originally trying to recapture was the funky throwback old-school glowing green text on black, as seen on the early wave of home computers I remember from back around when I was born. But you know what, without those blocky system fonts, my color scheme never really could succeed at capturing that mood.

So here's a white background!

7 comments:

dogimo said...

Man.

I fucking hate the new look.

Is it really that much easier on the eyes? Eyestrain-wise?

limom said...

Aw man!
I dug that early Wang word processor look!
Sort of reminded me of the end of the episode Doogie Howser journal entry.
It does come out and say Hi! right away though.

John Dantzer said...

YES

dogimo said...

@limom - yeah, I'm kind of sad to see it go. But like I said it never quite nailed the look I was trying to!

@jorg - glad you like!

@Camille - only people who think cool is something you should try for say others are "trying too hard." But glad it's easy to read!

dogimo said...

Shit.

Camille posted the same comment twice, and I seem to have deleted one too many! THE VANISHMENTS!

Camille's comment was:

Camille said...

New look is much better. Black background sucks. Looked like you were trying too hard to be cool. Don't care what anyone else says, black backgrounds are HARD to read. Memph.

Lunarchick said...

Ooo freshness all up in here.

It is rather refreshing. Like a little vaca. But in the end if you hate it banish it. This is your universe...you are a God.

dogimo said...

WOW! Thanks!

Okay, I think I need to leave my ego here for a while until it returns to regular size, and come back for it later.

I am liking the look more. My blog has a very much "anti-looks" aesthetic anyway.