Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 300 of Poetry Year 2010

October 27th. The 300th day of the year. That's a milestone for any year to reach, let alone this year - which in all its previous history had never once achieved that mark. But for me, in this, the inaugural first full year of my poetry blog (A Pocketful of Poesy) being explicitly touted as a "Poem A Day (On Average) Blog," we have even more urgent cause to stop and assess what this milestone means - and with the day count known, we have a metric and a means to measure it against!

Three hundred days.

Do we have three hundred poems?

At the start of this year, I'd have been expecting to hold myself to a mark like that. Or more realistically, not at all - nothing like it! I'd have been expecting to keep myself within striking distance of the mark, so that in a pinch, I'd be able to play way over my head and hit it in a furious burst at the last moment (as I did during last November's "Drive for 365", over a stretch that included a single 40-poem night!). So that's what I'd have been expecting. Not to be on pace! Just to be hovering somewhere within a heroic effort's striking distance.

Oh, me of little faith.

Here I am on October 27th. 300th day of the year. Sitting high and proud on a current tally of 313 poems. And counting. I think I'm entitled to crow a bit.

Heck, I can afford to slack off.

4 comments:

dogimo said...

Man, I really do COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO a bit when it comes to the POEMS, don't I?

YES!!! I got choo some POEMS for your FACE!!! Anybody need POEMS??

Guess what.

I got 'em.

dogimo said...

I'm serious.

I got the poems.

Edana said...

Don't slack off! I'm finally reading it!

limom said...

Go for the record man!