Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, October 18, 2010

That sounds like some sort of reverse-psychology interpretation!

I don't believe in the effectiveness of reverse-psychology. In its infancy, the discipline showed promise - but from a treatment standpoint, attempts to use reverse-psychology alone to treat or manage severe psychiatric illnesses have proven largely futile. The efficacy is just not there, with reverse-psychological techniques alone.

That's why I see a reverse-psychiatrist. Reverse-psychological techniques, in conjunction with the right prescription reverse-pharmaceuticals, can work wonders!

Reverse-wonders.

7 comments:

Annah said...

:)

I'm sorry but, the name of your blog has to be the best thing out there. LOVE IT!

dogimo said...

Thank you, Annah!

I'm not really sure why I picked that, but it's kind of exerted a real influence on my writing. I think if I'd picked something more neutral, I would be way less belligerent all the time.

But I do love it! And glad you do too.

Mel said...

That's inspired, Joe!

Next... the reverse lobotomy where they actually add a bit to your brain! (maybe they already do this, who knows!?, well, other than Tom Cruise... he knows, but yeah, other than him, who knows?)

I adore the concept of rotational therapy which basically said "sit on this incredibly fast spinning chair and it will cure you of the crazies".

That's some a-grade awesome and amazement right there.

wheeeeeeeeeeee!

You know what you don't see much of any more in the psychiatric treatment world.... contraptions. You've gotta admire a good contraption. Perhaps they ran out of favour around the time of the demise of electro shock treatment... but hey!, that's a whole different post I'd imagine!

But yeah, contraptions....

dogimo said...

Mel, the real danger in that treatment is if they spin you the wrong way...it will crazy you up, not down!

Mel said...

True! - But the good news I'd imagine is... to reverse that complication, you have to spin really fucking fast in the opposite direction.

whoooooooooooo!

TimT said...

You will murder your father and marry your mother. You will murder your father and marry your mother. You will...

dogimo said...

@TimT - dude, there's got to be some drugs you'd dispense with that. The talking cure alone don't cut ice.

@Mel...um...yes, plus perhaps drugs!