Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

The futility of certain comparisons

Last couple days, total waste. Why am I not doing the sinkfull of dishes? Why am I not sorting or at least straightening the house? As long as I'm stuck here. What am I doing instead? Lying in bed like an idiot. Like a moron. Lying in bed like a scumbag. Lying in bed like a rapist. Lying in bed like a racist pedophile. Lying in bed like a god damn mass-murderer. Lying in bed like a...who else lies in bed? Almost everybody, I guess. It's not a very valuable comparison really.

Sick of it, and of my cells and my tissues. Sick of it, and of sick. My humor turns black; nothing I want to say that I'll later have wanted to have shared. I can read at least, but I have nothing to read that takes me away from cursing myself for not doing the dishes.

Lying in bed like almost everybody except a homeless person.

Aw man.

Thank god I have a bed.

6 comments:

Pearl said...

There's a lot of that going around, Dogimo. :-)

Pearl

limom said...

I recline on my couch a lot.

TimT said...

Honesty is the best policy, even in bed. Next time, instead of lying in bed, why not try - truthing in bed?

VEG said...

Dude. I hear you like Gary Busey hears a pill bottle being popped. :)

Jujube said...

I'm with you on the sick of sick, and tissues. Fuck, go away already.
And, dishes be damned, I say. Let them glare at you from the kitchen, glare right back at them for having the audacity to pile up while you're sick. The nerve. *huff*

JMH said...

So awful awful at the beginning and so beautiful at the end. Go gratitude!