Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, December 06, 2010

Open Dream Journal #80: Terrible Dream. Horrible Dream!

This one was terrible, and it kept going on and on. I hated it. It was like the plot of some bad movie.


the Incipiency

I'm just waking up.

I'm groggy as hell.

I had a horrible dream. It was so vivid, and it went on for hours and kept getting derailed, but then circling back to the main plot point where I had been invested by benevolent aliens with the power to safeguard our planet from the Incipiency (don't ask), but the upshot of it all was that because I had been singled out for this, everyone totally questioned my motives and allegiances and hated me. Everyone on the planet hated me! It sucked. I mean everybody. Family. People I thought loved me. Hated me!

There were even like, multilateral global government plots out to kill me. Get me out of the way. I was like, what the hell! Don't kill me! I didn't ask for this. Go figure out how to attack the aliens or something. This was their idea. Don't kill the damn messenger all right? What do you want - would you rather have the Incipiency to deal with?

Because let me tell you: I don't think you would, alright?

2 comments:

VEG said...

Wow your dreams are filled with intelligent highbrow villainy.

I dreamed that a giant bull (imaginatively named 'el toro') the size of a house was about to attack this small Mexican town I was living in and we all had to evacuate and I got left behind and couldn't find a place to hide. El toro destroys entire buildings and can sniff humans out from 100 yards away! I could hear him howling (he howled!) and the ground shaking as he approached then I woke up. I was pretty pissed off. I mean WHAT DID I DO? Did I die at the merciless bull feet of el toro, or did I find a cunning way to divert his attention? Did I find the ultimate hiding place? WHAT?

dogimo said...

The awake world is always the cunningest place to hide from nightmares.

When I was a kid I always knew in the back of my mind, that if it occurred to me to think about it, there would be a big ol' Tyrannosaurus Rex lumbering down our block - all the way from the country club, though, so I would have time to make a run for it! I'd hear the distant screech-roar and feet-thumps approaching.


But it was one of those slooooow-motion dream runs, though. You could never move normal speed when something like that's going on.