Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, January 10, 2011

BEARS! Hell yes they are hungry.

The other day, I was so hungry I said: "I'm as hungry as a bear made out of bears."

Now, that's about the hungriest thing possible, because the bear is the standard big unit of measurement for how hungry a thing can be. As in, in terms of hunger, "bear" = "a hunger ton." Those dudes, they wake up STARVED. They're like, skin and bones! Coming all groggy and pissed off, out of hibernation and they're like "AW COME ON!! I am SO starved. Man, I just need to eat, and eat more, and just KEEP ON EATING more. I need to just get fat and more fat, and keep on getting fatter so this shit NEVER HAPPENS TO ME AGAIN." That's the incredible physical and psychological hunger, that drives a bear.

And that's what they do, pretty much! For months and months, even after they've got a big bellyful they are just as hungry as hell for more, more, more. They just want to pack it on and keep packing it on, until they know they won't ever be caught starved again. It's never enough for a bear. That bear's natural state is hungry. Eye of a tiger's got nothing on the belly of a bear.

But then finally at some point they're like, "man. I am pretty fat. But I just want to keep on EATING, so I won't starve! But...I'm so tired, too though...maybe, I'll just lay down in this cave for a minute and rest..."

Then sure enough. Next thing the bear knows:

"GOD DAMN IT!"

"IT HAPPENED AGAIN!"

...and the cycle begins anew.

Nothing is hungrier than a bear, on average.

1 comment:

limom said...

Dude, sometimes I'm as hungry as TWO bears!