Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Guess The Shakespeare Quote, As Reinterpreted By My Buddy Rob #19

SCORING RULES (CHECK BEFORE YOU ANSWER! - no credit for partials!)

Today's Guess The Shakespeare Quote As Reinterpreted By My Buddy Rob:


"Life is a loud, pointless story told by a moron."


Previous questions remaining open (THERE FOR THE TAKING!):
Guess The Shakespeare Quote, As Reinterpreted By My Buddy Rob #14

Scoring remains open until the first correct answer is posted! Full score for 1st correct answer, half score for all subsequent correct answers until close of scoring.

4 comments:

Mel said...

"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Macbeth (Act V, Scene V).

Edana said...

"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."
Macbeth in Macbeth, Act V, scene v

dogimo said...

That's a full point to Mel for first correct answer, and a full half-point to Edana for a non-first correct answer!

The Standings:

#1 Lacrema: 9.0
#2 Mel: 8.5
#3 snortingmarmots: 2.5
#4 Edana: 2.0
#5 Elliott: 0.5

lacrema said...

DAMMIT!! This is one of my favorite lines of all time, as it intersects both Macbeth and The Sound and the Fury, two of my favorite works by my favorite authors.

I gotta say, though, that Benji and Faulkner steal the stage for me.

Also, I have to remember to check this every week. *DRAMATIC SIGH*

Oh, and this:

*shakes fist at Mel*

I WILL WIN THAT PRIZE OF NEBULOUS NATURE YET!