Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Guess The Shakespeare Quote, As Reinterpreted By My Buddy Rob #21

SCORING RULES (CHECK BEFORE YOU ANSWER! - no credit for partials!)

Today's Guess The Shakespeare Quote As Reinterpreted By My Buddy Rob:


"Fuckin' woe is me, man. Nobody loves me; I could drop dead, nobody's going to sympathize. I don't even sympathize with myself."

Previous questions remaining open (THERE FOR THE TAKING!):
Guess The Shakespeare Quote, As Reinterpreted By My Buddy Rob #14

Scoring remains open until the first correct answer is posted! Full score for 1st correct answer, half score for all subsequent correct answers until close of scoring.

4 comments:

Mel said...

"I shall despair. There is no creature loves me;
And if I die, no soul shall pity me.
Nay, wherefore should they? since that I myself
Find in myself no pity to myself"

King Richard, scene iii

Richard III

dogimo said...

And Mel vaults into sole possession of the lead!

The Standings:

#1 Mel: 10.5
#2 Lacrema: 9.5
#3 snortingmarmots: 2.5
#4 Edana: 2.0
#5 Elliott: 0.5

snortingmarmots said...

I read "The Desirable Possible is Inevitable" and was really curious to see what the resulting discussion was. Mel's quote was a beautiful poetic counterpoint to the humanistic hopeful meaninglessness (or meaningless hope) of the post.

Then I saw the standings, and realized I'd clicked the wrong link.

Whatever, I'm still giving Mel the credit for a touching and prescient quote.

dogimo said...

I quite agree, snortingmarmots!

Yet on the post itself, no one felt a need to chime in. Perhaps it falls to you to kick-start the discussion on that post?

BE THE DISCUSSION YOU WERE REALLY CURIOUS TO SEE

Hm. I don't think that's going to make any bumper stickers.