Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tits Or GTFO: An Online Community Idea

I want to start an online discussion forum called "Tits Or GTFO," and it would be full of nothing but all these tons of different, mostly-redundant, mostly-empty discussion threads populated by a surly membership of miffed, long-time forum member dudes grousing around, sniping at each other, complaining about how much better the forum used to be, and occasionally telling each other to GTFO.

Then it turns out that if you go through all of the hundreds of totally pointless threads in the different idiotically-detailed and luridly-titled sections of the forum ("BIG ONES here", "ittybitties!", "Exclusively For The Fake Tit Enthusiast", "They're Real And They're Spectacular!", et cetera) that the entire actual non-grousing content of the forum boils down to some time close to the start of it all, in maybe one section, there was like maybe, one actual instance of actual tits posted. Something like three-quarters of the total views and replies of the whole discussion board would be on that one thread. Everybody all "AWESMOE" and "MOAR!" et cetera, etc. Going through waves of praise, wheedling and then rage, denial etc directed at the board's apparently only ever female member, who has to all appearances dropped just that one post as a joke and left. And now all these dudes on the Tits Or GTFO Discussion Forum are all kind of...founded upon the hope of getting those ol' glory days rolling again.

I think this is a fully-conceived comedic idea, for what I think could be a pretty hilarious place for visitors to browse through and be appalled at the behavior and attitude on display! You know. If done creatively.

Anyway, I've got the creatively angle handled, you may be assured! Conceptually, I have this one locked in. I know just the tone that needs to be struck.

But I'm just not sure how to get it off the ground.

6 comments:

Mel said...

I was like, what the HECK does AWESMOE mean?, so I went to urban dictionary, coz that's where all the good shiz is, and now I know, and further to that I intend to describe all boobeez as awesmoe from now on.

AWESMOE, Joe!

dogimo said...

Tits or GTFO.

dogimo said...

HAHAHA!!!

Sorry, that wasn't funny.

I promised myself I was going to make that my reply no matter what the first comment was. Too bad it had to be you there, Mel!

Although let's face it, in some ways maybe I'm glad it was. Because between you and me, I haven't seen awkward.

Hope you're doing OK, weathering the the floodwaters, staking out the high ground. Keep safe!

Mel said...

Man, if I had a dollar for every time someone said that to me, no matter what my comment was!...

Hmm, speaking of dosh... maybe to get this forum off the ground you need some PR / fundraising action. And I'm thinking t-shirts. Two for sale, the first ... my friend's This Is What A Feminist Looks At one, to complement a Tits or GTFO shirt that you can sell. Split the proceeds.

Sorted.

dogimo said...

Wow. People actually say that? GTFO.

t-shirts. Hmmmmmm. Yup, I'm a big t-shirt enthusiast.

The big problem is, I want it to be already in a state of deep decline when anyone first stumbles across it. So that it's already been around years - or feels like it has! I'm thinking if I design a few models of posting 'bots' and give each of the main members a distinctive style, I can just run them against each other retroactively from forum years 2006-present, inserting my own little random remarks along the way that the 'bots would react to and play off of - but mostly it would be them playing off of and responding to each other, each in their own semi-distinctive personality.

The goal would be, by the time you come across it, it would be indistinguishable from a real forum! It would have all this back content, with a mediocre self-sustain built right in.

Sean Scully said...

tits. totally tits.