Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Prayer For Modern Minds. Or Maybe Just Mine.

There is not a Divine Will that forces me, either infallibly or unyieldingly, through my life.

There is not a Divine Plan that maps out my path.

But there is a Divine Grace that helps me on the way. The way that I pick through a wilderness that is more beautiful than any high, wide way could be.

I speak for myself and my own will and way, in this. Follow yours, your way, your will, if you say God has picked it for you. That's your path to choose. Speaking for myself, God never picked mine. And God bless you on your way! And God bless me on mine.

Because there is a Divine Mind, that loves me, and wants to see me succeed.

On what terms, God?

On what terms shall I succeed?

Oh.

I will tell you the terms, people. Because:

if I'm wrong,

if there is no God ~

Then all of this power is mine. Is in me.

But I don't think so. Insert long, drawn-out, ominous supervillian chuckle. Oh,

but I don't think so.

1 comment:

dogimo said...

Okay, I have to stop picking these Sunday God posts out of 'drafts' and forward-scheduling them to go, just because they "look done."

I'm 90% certain I wrote this one drunk.