Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, April 01, 2011

People Don't Really Go For My 'Usual' Shit

I've noticed this. When I hit the beaten path, when I start pounding that hard - as is my wont - people don't respond. People don't comment, they don't rate the stars, they don't click the little ratings-boxes. It's like they're not interested. It's like they don't care, when I make that overt play for their sensibilities, by hitting them where I presumed they lived and wanted to be hit, because they responded to it so royally before.

But they don't!

They don't want to be hit there. It's like they don't want to be hit there. They don't want what they liked before.

My readers don't want what they liked before, from me. My readers don't want that shit. From me.

WHAT THE FUCK DO THEY WANT????

What do you pricks want? LEAVE IT IN THE COMMENTS!!!!!! I'll fucking GIVE it to you! I'll write for you whatever you please. My prose talents are unspeakable! For God's sake, please tell me what the fuck it is you WANT from me, so I can CATER to it!!!!?????

7 comments:

dogimo said...

Note the tag, though.

Like I care.

VEG said...

See that would be the fault of people like me who use a Reader and don't even SEE the tags. :) Of course it is no excuse. It's one lazy click away from fulfilling our duty right? :)

Maybe we want fluff about babies and celebrities and OMG those shoes are to DIE for.

No, we do not.

VEG said...

Also how come April got lumped with the Fool? Poor April. I say February is is the dumbest month by far.

kourtney said...

Well I would like to comment just in case there was a teensy part of that post that was NOT an April fool.

Of course you should't give a rats ass what ANYone else thinks or wants. Cater to yourself only because,(and I realize I am stating the obvious here), a blog should serve the purposes of the author alone (I know mine sure as hell do). But in the meantime, if they interest, entertain or inspire others, then that is just a bonus, and yours certainly do all three, so thank you for that!! In fact, personally, there is just something missing from my day until I check CYAK!

=:)

k.

kourtney said...

Man, I really shouldN't comment on other people's blogs without checking for typos....

btw, same goes for your other blogs, especially your kick-ass poetry.

Peace.

k.

dogimo said...

@Veg - for you: http://asurfaceofinfiniteshallowness.blogspot.com/2009/09/some-shoes.html

dogimo said...

@Kourtney: Thank you for your words of support! And don't even sweat it - I was giggling all the way through this post.

Mind you, I am always tickled and pleased when anyone else likes something I do, but to hitch what you one does to the goal of pleasing others - why do it? Why not just be great for its own sake. If others are pleased as well, why, that says more about them than it does about you.