Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Sunday, May 01, 2011

Bored? You Must Not Be a Very Good Procrastinator.

A true procrastinator is never bored. It's the people who do shit who get bored. "There's nothing to do!"

They run out. Whereas a real procrastinator - if ever the feeling that there's "nothing to do" begins to tickle (boredom never gnaws a procrastinator) - just has to lift his or her eyes and look around. Oh, boy. There's plenty to do.

This is also the key to why procrastinators are so boundlessly inventive. It takes real ingenuity to come up with the endless parade of things to do, in lieu of the accumulating slew of things you don't.

2 comments:

Leah A. said...

Customers at my workplace like to comment on how bored I look. I usually respond with a shrug or "Nah." I'm going to start responding, "I'm never bored. I'm a true procrastinator."

dogimo said...

LIKE