Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Thursday, May 26, 2011

More Down-Home Derring-Don'ts

Man, if I had chickens hatching, that'd be the first thing I'd do. I'd count 'em. Right that second! I'd barely be able to wait!

In fact, come to think of it I don't think I would wait. I'm just the sort of guy not to. Why, I picture me sitting proudly on the porch, looking out on a yard of happily scratching and pecking chicks n' chickens, and with a sideways nod and a wink to my visitor, I'd indicate "See all those chickens? I counted every last one of them before they hatched."

And the visitor would of course say something suitably polite, like "Well, then!"

That's when I'd hit 'em with the stun-clincher: "And before that...? When they were just eggs? I kept every last one of them in the same basket."

1 comment:

Mel said...

Be careful, Joe... they'll come home to roost.