Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

First I Was Like! But Then...

Okay, first I was like: They Might Be Giants "Constellation"! I didn't know they made a video for this song! Oh my gosh, I love this song!

For some reason it just looked like it was going to be an official video. Pretty far-fetched, considering they got the song name wrong.

Anyway, I settled in expecting to be delighted, by the inimitable video stylings of one of the best bands at that shit. And I watched. And something wasn't right. And my heart sank, ahhh dang. Fan-made photocollage video.

So disappointing, right? Except...I kept lingering in the initial expectation of it being a real video. I couldn't dislodge that expectation, that vibe, that mental ambience. And pretty soon, it was impossible to see it any other way. It seemed to me that - somehow - They Might Be Giants had way back then created a video for this song in the distinctive, pitch-perfect style of a fan-made video photocollage!

Viewed in this light, the video is hilarious! A triumph! They should totally make a video just like that! And who better to do it? They Might Be Giants, that's who!

John, John, just picture yourselves in an official video by a big-name video director that could replicate/live up to just this sort of standard:

1 comment:

dogimo said...

Apparently, my memory got the song name wrong.

See? I make mistakes, I leave 'em up for all to see. Mr. Mea Culpa over here.