Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Open Letter to the Sky

Dear Sky,

Fuck you. Everyone says you're so pretty - I don't buy it. It's just a bunch of CRAP up there! There's dots, tiny bright ones, there's big bright ones too - and in the day time there's all this blue shit! And sometimes big puffy white piles of junk - but then other times you'll get all gray and GROSS, and all this gross wet WATER comes down! And the main thing - except for the water or snow which, who KNOWS what the theory on that is??!?! - no matter what all that crap up there is or how pretty people say it is, you can't TOUCH any of it! So what the fuck GOOD does it do??? How does it help! How do we even know it's not all CGI?

Fuck you, Sky. You ain't pretty at all to me. You're not pretty in my eyes. I turn my back on you.

Even if I have to lie face down in the dirt to do it.

Respectfully,

Joe

4 comments:

limom said...

Recently the sky here ain't been too pretty, but I ain't burning my bridges.

dogimo said...

To burn a bridge in the sky would be a spectacular sight, I bet!

Mel said...

Too right. And don't even get me started on the horizon. Sometimes you'll be walking, and you'll think "I can totally reach that" but in reality, that fucker's just messing with you.

dogimo said...

YES. Precisely Mel. The horizon is a fucking LIE. There's no real line there, no true border! It's not even what I would call an optical illusion. It's a collusion of deception between earth and sky, to trick the eye into buying landscapes.

I reject the horizon utterly.