Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, January 06, 2012

Chronic Back Pain? So Many Suffer

So many people live their lives with chronic back pain. It bothers me!

I've been so lucky. I have never had to deal with chronic back pain. I've practically never had to deal with acute back pain!

It bothers me. It makes me feel guilty. Why them and not me? Why did they draw this card from the deck of fate? Why do they deserve the anguish, the suffering, of having to deal daily with either the immediately reality, or the threat of the specter of the returning of chronic back pain?

Every time they complain about it it sets me off. Why is it that they were saddled with this curse? This cross? Life, cruel world, dear God, whatever you want to toss the question up to - WHY? Chronic back pain sufferers go through so much!

I know I should feel grateful that I've been spared, and let it go at that. But it really bothers me. Is it selfish of me to wish they'd shut up about it?

Chronic back pain. It hurts so many, more than I can know. Frankly, more than I want to know.

No comments: