Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Saturday, April 06, 2013

thought process

If humanity's got any chance of getting through the thickness of each other's skulls it will...

...something to do with the thinness of each other's skins. Make it clever, wrap it with a bow, dunzo.


hm.

Maybe a poem!

the thickness of each other's skulls
the thinness of each other's skins
so sensitive to undertone
so flushed with insult, loss and win
so pricked with shame, the thickness of
each other's skulls

protects the tender brain
inside,
so delicate
let nothing in
that could upset
one's delicately-balanced pride

let nothing in
that could cause me
to reevaluate my life
let nothing in
that could cause me to question
why I'm on my side, let nothing in

to cause a switch
crack like a whip
red stripe of shame
across my hide


...

Yeah. Hm. Could be!

Call it "hide," I guess!

No comments: