Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Digressions Introducing Character: The "SPOCK FONZ" Part Nil.

  1. Me: "This all reminds me of Real Astrology with Rob or Rod Breszny (sp)"
  2. Me: "BREZSNY"
  3. Me: "I was so close with him once, it hurts my Aries Cuspataurus heart."
  4. ACTIVATE CHARACTER ARC TANGENT
  5. Sounds like I'm the spacey girlfriend of Spock Fonz!
  6. Reels away from the viewfinder: "AYYY-HAAYYY!"
  7. Kirk, half-facepalming due to sudden incipient space migraine: "Mister Spock! Sorry! Mister Fonzy Spock, what the hell...?"
  8. SPOCK FONZ: "Aaaayhaaaaay, Captain. The screen inside's full of gunk from Bones, I can't canna get a reading on it 'til Spocky shows up to beat it with his Vulcan Screen Pinch."
  9. KIRK: "WHAT ARE THE ODDS, MISTER! SPOCK FONZ US, PLEASE."
  10. Spock Fonz: "Odds are Captain."
  11. Bones: "I did what...?"
  12. ============
  13. Spock Fonz: "Chance of rain stardate here? In this neck of the neighborhood tick-friendly zone? 100% ZERO PROBLAMUNDO."

______________________________________________
Lesson learned? Moral? Story genderplot dramapoint?

Yes.

It's this: the breakout character of any sitcom wherever set is always going to be some kind of normative, recalcitrant hoodlum in the tightest yet fit pants imaginable for that era.

DOES NOT APPLY TO CHARACTERS POSING "FEMALE."

In that case, most eras suggest a more "shown leg." Why?

SPOCK FONZ: "Aaaay-haaaaayy! It's because bipeds, Pottsy!"
Chekov: "Stop calling vme 'Pottsy!' Put-upon look! Nuclear wessels to you, you, you Amsterdam-trained space-ass wipe! POTTSY DOTH MIR-NIL EXISTANCE NICHEVO, KIRKSUCKER!"

Spock Fonz: "..."

Spock Fonz: "Aaaay, haay. Communicado rec'd Mister Chekout. Sulu! Train your eyes on stun at the hot spectre of Mister Nuclear Wessels over herrrrrre"

__________________________________________

A poem. "Star-Dating Report From My Outer Uhura"

My inner Spock said phasers on kill My inner Kirk said fire at Will
My InnerSulu said YOUR SHIELDS GAVE IN My inner Bones said HE'S DEAD-JIM

No comments:

"Hot as"

It's hot as a pincushion out there.  I mean a pincushion made of full -on artificial fibers, left out of the  shade of the sun to melt, ...