Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Sunday, May 27, 2007

True Happiness This Way Lies

well I've been crushing the symptoms
but I can't locate the cause
could God
...really be so cruel?
to give us feelings
that could never be fulfilled.

Well, baby!
I've got my sights set on you,
I've got my
sights
set on you.
And someday
someday
someday

you'll come my way

but when you put your arms around me

I'll be looking over your shoulder,
for something new

'cause I ain't never found peace upon the breast of a girl
I ain't never found peace with the religion of the world
I ain't never found peace at the bottom of a glass.

Sometimes it seems, the more I ask for - the less I receive
sometimes it seems - the more I ask for
the less I receive.

The only true freedom
is freedom from the heart's desires

and the only true happiness...
this way

lies.

No comments: