Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, August 18, 2008

An Original Hymn, By Special Request

Ok, in a previous post about the hymn "Here I Am, Lord" (a SWEET HYMN, that) I alluded to the fact that I'd written a few hymns of my own - none of them suitable as hymns. So the question came up, would I share one of them anyhow? Or at least the lyrics?

WOULD I?

Yeah, sure, I guess.

This is as-yet untitled.

I'm gonna sell my soul to Jesus
in exchange for earthly riches and success
he'll take me up to heaven, when I die -
so each of us wants what he gets

if that's too much to ask
if that's not how it works
if that's too much to ask
I won't ask, that's all

I'm gonna sell my soul to Jesus
I'm kicking the bushel basket away
and exposing my big fat lantern
just like the good book say

if that's too much to ask
if that's not how it works
if that's too much to ask
I won't ask, that's all

EDIT: Shoot, that's not untitled! I just forgot the title, that's all. It's called:

"Sold To The Highest Bidder"

No comments: