Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, December 26, 2008

In the New Year: YOU Can Help Make This Blog More Awesome!

That's right. You can! But how?

Leave your post idea in a comment on this post. Over 2009, I will take any post suggestion ideas that meet the below criteria, and develop the best, most criteria-adherent suggestions into a full-blown POST on THIS VERY BLOG!!

MANDATORY CRITERIA:
1. Brevity: Your post idea suggestion must be in the form of a clause, or phrase, or something suitably brief. NO COMPLETE SENTENCES. Just the idea itself, ripplingly terse and suggestive!

2. Quotation Marks: Your post idea suggestion must be in quotes. Example: "In Quotes"

2a. Better examples: "The Decline of the Romulan Empire", "The Technology Paradox Implicit In Kirk's Toupee"

3. "Star Trek" themed post suggestion ideas will not be considered.

4. There must be NOTHING ELSE in your comment except for the in-quotes post idea suggestion! No links to a definition of the desired concept, no explanatory verbiage. I will either like the post suggestion idea on its own terse merits, or I will not. If I like it, then I'll make up a good version of what it means to me and write about that, thank you very much. I'm not going to restrict myself to staking out some new side of a long-established dead-horse debate that's already had one too many sugarcubes force-chewed in its decaying mandibles, ably assisted by the helpful hands of self-appointed controversy jockeys. I say thee nay! Bury that one out to pasture already!

4a. That's not to say your post idea suggestion can't be themed around some long mooted-about controversy that I've never heard about. I'm just pre-empting such complaints as "That's not what 'Categorical Imperative' means!", "Have you even read Kant?", and "What are you, some kind of moron?"

5. Post suggestions themed around the various old-school philosopher-vs-philosopher beefs (particularly those focusing on the East vs. West angle) will not be considered. That shit is played.

6. If your post idea suggestion is used, you will not be credited. Depending on how awesome the post itself turns out, I may even delete your comment without a trace. The fact of seeing an awesome post on an idea you yourself suggested should be satisfaction and recognition enough.

6a. THANKS, SUCKERS!!!!

10 comments:

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sean Scully said...

"Sweet Potato Fries"

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dogimo said...

I'm QUITE sure I don't KNOW what you MEAN.

If you'll CLICK the 'Star Trek' label, YOU will see THAT there has been a LONG, honorable history OF me posting on Star TREK, since even before YOU mentioned it!

I seem to have lost the proper rhythm on the emphatic caps.

Anyway. One post still counts!

dogimo said...

Heck, I never gave Sean any credit did I? Maybe a vague allusion.

This program initiative only netted two post ideas! Where's the CREATIVITY PEOPLE???

Why, they're living in creativity cottages in the mellow down glen at the center of the creativity forest.

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dogimo said...

It wasn't me officer, it was Gene Roddenberry he stole it first!

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dogimo said...

Rhythm lives in the gaps between
meaning lives in the silences

dogimo said...

My sweet self! I can't STOP laughing at this:

"I'm not going to restrict myself to staking out some new side of a long-established dead-horse debate that's already had one too many sugarcubes force-chewed in its decaying mandibles, ably assisted by the helpful hands of self-appointed controversy jockeys. I say thee nay! Bury that one out to pasture already!"

Good to be able to crack me up, now n' then.

WHOOOO!