Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, August 24, 2009

A Most Ambitious Sandwich

I have a new quest.

I wish to design and construct the most ambitious sandwich ever conceived by a man: me. On a foot-long, wide, floppy roll of oven fresh crusty italian bread - NOT sourdough! NOT french! Start with that. It all starts with the bread. And what fillings, what toppings, what condiments, you ask? Ah! That is where the tale to tell comes in! For from one end to the other of this marvel, from one bite to the next, the tastes and combinations would segue smoothly all the way down this epic masterpiece of sandwitchery, through so many different permutations of ingredients and combinations of tastes that the very idea that all could work together in one sandwich would be mind-boggling!

Yet the execution would be such that it work.

The sandwich itself would keep changing with every bite. And while from one part to the other of the sandwich, the tastes might clash revoltingly if you skipped around biting here and there! - but as long as you ate it straight down the line from one end to the other, neighboring bites would be blend alarmingly harmoniously into each other in a kaleidoscopic cornucopia of dizzyingly gustatory noun to be determined later.

I'm not channeling so much of my inspiration into my writing right now. Nor my songwriting, right now. My painting, too, will have to wait. I have a higher task in mind for my creative juice. I'm funneling it all into this sandwich.

Oh, my lordy-yum.

No comments: