Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, May 15, 2009

Open Dream Journal #1: The One That Started It Almost

I was in my apartment in Manhattan and this strange but attractive young woman came to the door for some ulterior purpose. She claimed to be someone that I had never met before, but in fact I knew that she wasn't that person. She didn't look right. Naturally I assumed that she wanted to bang me* (I mean, I was pretty sure that it was a dream, as I don't live in NY or maintain an apartment there), but apparently not. Or at any rate, nothing of the kind transpired.

The interior of my apartment, which was in a nice neighborhood, looked like it was the interior of a rustic log cabin. It was a homey sort of place, but there was a problem with the wiring or electricity or something. As I was talking to this young woman, trying to find out just what her game was, the lights went out (it was daylight, so no big). So I went over to the light switch which was all exposed - no cover - and had various wires that appeared to be coated with caulking. I seemed to know what I was doing. She stood next to me as I fiddled with some of the wiring, pulling out one connection and sticking it somewhere else, and jerry-rigging something with an old No. 2 pencil. I was electrocuted several times during this process at a relatively low voltage, and I had to reassure her "no problem! I'm fine. Standard practice."

Later after I got the lights working we both ended up standing in our bare feet in the bathtub (fully clothed) while I monkeyed around with the showerhead and we both were electrocuted several more times.

That's about it. Technically I should have used "shocked" instead of "electrocuted," but electrocuted sounds better. Plus, in the dream, that was the word.

No comments: