Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, August 31, 2009

I Believe In Everything

I believe in everything, by definition. I define everything as "all of that which is." So of course I'd believe in it!

It is.

I don't concern myself with determining what does or doesn't exist. That's its problem. If it does, I believe in it. If it doesn't I don't! That's the sweet peremptory blessing that I lay down: "Hey, all of that which might or might not be, whether you exist or not, that's your problem. If you exist, then I thereby believe in you. If you don't, then sorry: too bad. I refuse to believe in what doesn't exist."

It's good to have an easy rule to go by.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But how do you know whether something exists or not?

dogimo said...

See, now we're getting into questions of epistemology, which, frankly, that's a boondoggle that doesn't interest me in the slightest, no offense.

Thanks for your comment!