I can see people's flaws. Not only the obvious ones, either. I see the ones they can't see themselves, or the ones they think the world can't see and so they lie to themselves about them - and well, a lot of the time the world can't see them! But I can. Or the flaws that are their worst, most secret flaws - the flaws they have constant anxiety over, the flaws they can't stop thinking about. I spot those right off, and I call them on it.
I call everybody on their flaws! All the time, just walking around. I'll just plant my shoulder and bowl people over with it, over the smallest things! Things they never expected to get called on - but oh yeah, they know I was right. I'll be walking downtown and I'll see a young woman walking towards me, seemingly secure enough in her self or whatever she may flatter herself to call it. And the next thing she knows, I'm barreling her right backwards the way she came, with ME in her face, giving her a whole miniscule litany of her FLAWS that she sees so fit to pretend to ignore! To ignore - just as if I weren't right there to show her up!
That's what I call some kind of hypocrisy.
And she'll end up kind of wedged into the corner of where two buildings come together, sinking down into the triangle of hard stone and concrete planes where terra cotta stucco surface and dingy brick wall and harsh gum-stuck sidewalk intersect, and maybe crying a little bit. She's sinking down and crying because she knows I'm right.
Or I'll be walking over on the Westside and I'll see a guy coming, so seemingly full of himself, so full of his self-perceived trumped-up excellences that he's forgotten about his flaws, maybe. But I can see them! And as we draw almost level I kind of cock my head back at an angle a bit, and narrow my eyes with the barest mirthless shadow of a grin as if to say: "HYPOCRITE! LOOK AT YOUR FLAWS!" - but with a shock of recognition (and no doubt, self-recognition) he's already clutching his head, doubled over running in the other direction, his breath coming in great gasps and sobs - even before I can properly begin to really tear into him!
Which is a bit of a letdown for me. But that's how it goes a lot of the time, now. More and more. It seems word has gotten around about me, and my rather disconcerting gift. And in its own way, I can take that as a compliment and console myself that maybe, it also means that people are thinking a bit more about their flaws.
But what's the big deal, right? Or so you might say: "what's the big deal? Everybody has flaws."
Well that just shows what you don't know. Because I don't!
I call everybody on their flaws! All the time, just walking around. I'll just plant my shoulder and bowl people over with it, over the smallest things! Things they never expected to get called on - but oh yeah, they know I was right. I'll be walking downtown and I'll see a young woman walking towards me, seemingly secure enough in her self or whatever she may flatter herself to call it. And the next thing she knows, I'm barreling her right backwards the way she came, with ME in her face, giving her a whole miniscule litany of her FLAWS that she sees so fit to pretend to ignore! To ignore - just as if I weren't right there to show her up!
That's what I call some kind of hypocrisy.
And she'll end up kind of wedged into the corner of where two buildings come together, sinking down into the triangle of hard stone and concrete planes where terra cotta stucco surface and dingy brick wall and harsh gum-stuck sidewalk intersect, and maybe crying a little bit. She's sinking down and crying because she knows I'm right.
Or I'll be walking over on the Westside and I'll see a guy coming, so seemingly full of himself, so full of his self-perceived trumped-up excellences that he's forgotten about his flaws, maybe. But I can see them! And as we draw almost level I kind of cock my head back at an angle a bit, and narrow my eyes with the barest mirthless shadow of a grin as if to say: "HYPOCRITE! LOOK AT YOUR FLAWS!" - but with a shock of recognition (and no doubt, self-recognition) he's already clutching his head, doubled over running in the other direction, his breath coming in great gasps and sobs - even before I can properly begin to really tear into him!
Which is a bit of a letdown for me. But that's how it goes a lot of the time, now. More and more. It seems word has gotten around about me, and my rather disconcerting gift. And in its own way, I can take that as a compliment and console myself that maybe, it also means that people are thinking a bit more about their flaws.
But what's the big deal, right? Or so you might say: "what's the big deal? Everybody has flaws."
Well that just shows what you don't know. Because I don't!
Comments
His example of being such an ultimate prick leads one to consider things more realistically, though. Which is nice. I'd never tell him that, though. I'd be hiding. I mean--no! I think I could show him a flaw or two of his own. I could certainly make a couple flaws for him. Starting with the teeth! >:P
el SOCKO!!!!